question

brian-kelly avatar image
brian-kelly asked

BSLBatt Victron settings for low soc.

I'm having difficulty finding an answer to my question. We are planning to connect a BSLBatt lithium bank into the VE.Can port of the Cerbo, and then link the Quattro through VE.Bus. I need guidance to set up a relay to trigger an alarm in the virtual assistant. The parameter for the alarm would be low SOC, and I need to confirm if the Quattro will have the proper SOC from the BSLBatt lithium. Thank you.

virtual switch
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Please read the Victron/BSL setup doc and the manual for the Cerbo, it has all this information.

Batteries, also, do not connect to VECAN, there are dedicated BMS ports.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:bsl

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

You will have to decide what is your idea of low SOC as well as well.

Low SOC (and potential shutdown) for BSL is 10%. See the set up docs they provide or Victrons guide.

Are you using conditional AC connect rather than ESS?

0 Likes 0 ·
Fideri avatar image Fideri commented ·
I think some Cerbos have 2 VE.CANs (1 for the battery) in place of a VE.CAN and a BMS.CAN. Mine has a BMS.CAN, so I use that for the battery.

F.

0 Likes 0 ·
brian-kelly avatar image
brian-kelly answered ·

Thank you for your replies. I will be setting the low SOC at 20%. I am more looking at setting up the relay. I will look into this further.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE Configure/Virtual Switch

Ignore AC input using the Generator Assistant