question

michael-adamanter avatar image
michael-adamanter asked

Venus OS: Cannot Update CCGX Error #42 (Hardware problem)

Hi all,

my CCGX actually runs firmware 2.18. Now I want to update to the newest version via Internet but I am getting always the following Error and loud Beeps after the updating process has finished: "Hardware problem detected #42; Alarm; Storage is corrupt on this device."

It looks like that the CCGX is running fine after the update, but I cannot reset this error. The only solution for me is to use my backup firmware and downgrade to my previous Version 2.18.

I suggest, I cannot update because at least one of my Linux partition of the CCGX is faulty.

Is there a way to fully reset the CCGX or to format all of the CCGX partitions?

Best regardes

Venus OS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cliffgerber avatar image cliffgerber commented ·

My system started beeping loud with the same Notification, “Hardware problem detected #42.” I went into settings and reboot the system, then went to the Multiplus to turn it on, but it wouldn’t,turn “on.” It would turn “Charging only” on. After that the “On” selection would stay on.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hello @Michael Adamanter,

Error #42 means the unit needs to be replaced. v2.18 doesnt recognise the problem, but it will still be there; just unseen.

This error means the GX device will not remember, or not always remember, any settings you make.

Best thing to do is contact your dealer for RMA

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mosar-coelho avatar image
mosar-coelho answered ·

Good morning Please. I have a friend who installed a system with the same Error#42 messages.It also no longer reads the battery charge, which is always at zero...

I would also like to ask if it is normal for the first inverter to have a steady green light and the other two following inverters to have a blinking green light.
What can I do?img-20230831-095220-679.jpgimg-20230831-093400-962.jpgimg-20230831-095320-447.jpg

2 |3000

Related Resources