question

David Burnett avatar image
David Burnett asked

VM-3P75CT Energy Meter - 3, single phase inputs?

Looking at the VM-3P75CT energy meter, the current transformer sensing is very convenient, but the application is monitoring the power from:

Shore Power

Genset

Inverter (non Victron)

All feeds of course share a common neutral, so I am wondering if it will handle three single phase inputs, or is it needing the phase relationship of a 3-P supply?

Dealership considered the question interesting, but could not advise further, and suggested I try here for an answer.

Thanks,

David

Energy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ldoes (Victron Energy) avatar image
ldoes (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @David Burnett the VM-3P75CT does not support multiple single-phase input configurations.

This is a feature we might develop if there is enough demand for it, but we're focussing on supporting more common configurations such as split-phase first.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

David Burnett avatar image David Burnett commented ·
Thank you Idoes. Hopefully in the future, as a CT driven Energy Meter is the easiest (and safest) way of monitoring, rather than having to cut into the circuit.
0 Likes 0 ·
Constantin Zaharia avatar image Constantin Zaharia commented ·
will be great to have 3 distinct sources reported by the meter. The hardware already exist, only the software must be done.
0 Likes 0 ·
peteb avatar image
peteb answered ·

This is something that I would really like to see availble. In the UK virtually all domestic properties are single phase. The ability to use the other CT's to measure solar, generators etc would make this device much more useful.

2 |3000

Related Resources