question

northtown2022 avatar image
northtown2022 asked

Cerbo GX relay stuttering

I tried to manually toggle relay#2 on from remote console this morning. To my surprise it started stuttering 10ish times per second. The toggle button in remote console was stuttering as well.

I was not able to manually stop it with the toggle button so I unplugged the GX power supply. After rebooting the stutter was gone. In an attempt to troubleshoot this happened a second time and again had to remove power from GX. It has not happened since.

The relay's NO contacts are being used to trigger an Orion-Tr 48|48-6 on and off based on temp. Unplugging the relay's connector to the GX did nothing which makes sense. Also, there was no load on the Orion at the time.

I tested full battery voltage of 53.2v at the power connector.

This has been hooked up to a load and tested many times without any issues in the past.

Sound like a faulty relay?

cerbo gxRelayremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

I'd either say faulty relay or is there maybe some other criteria being met that cause relay to activate?

ie the temperature flag you mention was that being hit? So is the fact you've manually toggled the relay conflicting with the temperature parameter causing the on/off behaviour?

Just a guess but easy one to check if not done already.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

northtown2022 avatar image northtown2022 commented ·

Yeah it wasn't even close to the trigger temp. I put a warranty inquiry out, pretty sure its faulty.

0 Likes 0 ·
stefan-verbiest avatar image
stefan-verbiest answered ·

Hi,

I have the same issue.

The relay is only manual triggered by pressing the screen (gui mods installed) and then it flaps till I take the Cerbo offline. Happened to me a lot now on FW 3.30.

When I do a rollback to the old 3.13 FW it seems to be gone.

Do you have a sollution?

2 |3000