question

robert-trebenda avatar image
robert-trebenda asked

Battery Balancer, for 24v system 4x12v

Hi, I'm thinking about adding a second bank to my existing 24v (2 x 12v in serial) system. My question is, can I use a second balance to balance the new battery bank? To the existing serial connection, I will parallelly add a secondary serial connection of 24v (2x12). I have seen diagrams showing that there is a way to use single balancer, but banks needs to be connected in the middle, can I aviod this method.

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

You can.

But mixing old and new lead batteries in the same bank isn't good.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

robert-trebenda avatar image
robert-trebenda answered ·

it is Lithium and my current batteries are "almost" new. Can someone correct my terminology understanding, if I have 2 batteries in serial connection it is a BANK , if I'm adding an additional 2 batteries in serial, connected to the first two parallelly, will that second serial connection be called BANK #2 ? Do I have 2 BANKS ?

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
The terminology is very loose and confusing. It could be either. Best think of it as a group of batteries and expect a description or try and guess from context.
0 Likes 0 ·