question

borgrel avatar image
borgrel asked

Battery issues (40kWh Freedom won)

battery-charging.png

As can be seen from the image:
39.5kWh power was produced and 19.6kWh of power was used
Meaning that 19.9kWh of power was stored in the batteries raising the battery charge from 20% to 100%

The problem is that the battery array is 2x 20/16 Freedom Won batteries, which should have a storage capacity of 40kWh .... not 25kWh

I have another image where 9.7kWh reduces the battery charge from 100% to 50% so the results are somewhat consistent

The installers have been out to try fix the problems at least 6 times in the past 5 months, they have put in a ticket to the manufacturers about the problem but they have no idea when they will do anything about it or even if they will send technicians (and hopefully replace the batteries under warranty since the batteries r only 5 months old and where misbehaving since day 1)

Is there anything i can do to improve the situation / fix the problem / diagnose it myself

There are myriad other problems with the batteries for example:
* they discharge at differant rates
* dont stay balanced
* have different 'overheads' (when the system is drawing 423W battery A will discharge at 874W to supply that power while battery B will discharge at 618W for the same load)

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

FW lite batteries are terrible in parallel. Especially if one is older and one is new.

Had a friend with the same issue and model, he traded them in and bought one large battery.

FW support was unable to get it working properly, so my advice is to buy the right size upfront.

Individually they work well.

Best advice is to sell them second hand and replace it.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

borgrel avatar image borgrel commented ·

@nickdb thanks for the advice

Does nobody have any advice about tests or configurations or tricks or anything to help fix or improve this??

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources