question

groove avatar image
groove asked

SolarCharger MPPT Relay

Hallo,

when will the feature to control the relay manualy be offered?

I'd like to use it to turn fans via Homeassistant on and off, but from victrons FAQ you can read that it will be developed in th future (since 2022).

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:large#controlling_relays

/Relay/0/State    <- Read to see the state of the relay in the Battery Monitor. In case configured
                     to the "Remote" mode, using the VictronConnect App [SEE NOTE], the relay can be controlled
                     by writing to this path.
                     More information also here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:large#controlling_relays

NOTE: currently, 2022-08-17, VictronConnect does not yet offer that settings. It is
                     planned for later in 2022. Until then, the relay control in the MPPT cannot be set to this mode by
MPPT SmartSolarRelay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
groove avatar image
groove answered ·

I already created switches in Homeassistant which send 0 and 1 via MQTT.

From MQTT Explorer i can see the state changing from 0 to 1 and viceversa, but the relay on the MPPT does nothing, als you cant select the remote function in the victron connect app.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt1309 avatar image matt1309 commented ·
My mistake just notice it's not supported even though it shows up
0 Likes 0 ·
groove avatar image
groove answered ·

@victron, any updates planned?

2 |3000

groove avatar image
groove answered ·

Thanks for the Bluetooth and Firmware updates.

Now it's possible to control the relay from the Connect app, but still no response via MQTT and HA.

So i can see the state switching in MQTT explorer when I use the app to open and close the relay, but still no reaction when switching in HA, except state changing in MQTT explorer.

2 |3000

groove avatar image
groove answered ·

@victron, is there any date for this Feature?

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT product page

VictronConnect manual

PWM or MPPT

MPPT calculator

MPPT codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic