question

Elimac avatar image
Elimac asked

Unable to turn MPPT relay on - Battery voltage low

Today I was setting up a new Smartsolar 150/60 and I'm going to use the relay to control a Low Voltage Disconnect circuit. I've setup MPPT relay accordingly and tried to test it by setting the low voltage threshold higher than the Vbatt the MPPT was seeing, but I still could't make the relay change state. Some details:

- MPPT is new, this test was on bench, powered by a DC 48V supply

- No PV attached

- Tried the same configuration on a live system with 150/70 MPPT (with real Battery and PV) and I could make the relay change, as expected.

What am I forgetting with this new MPPT? Both MPPTs had same firmware, 1.59

MPPT SmartSolarRelay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
sourcecraft avatar image
sourcecraft answered ·

This isn't an answer, but I have questions about relays as well. I have a MPPT 150/70 and want to use the relay to at least sound an alarm at low battery voltage. If I could rig it to shut down the power that would be even better, but possibly more trouble than its worth. Where is the relay documentation? What kinds of devices can be hooked up to a relay?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT product page

VictronConnect manual

PWM or MPPT

MPPT calculator

MPPT codes