question

Daniel Jaroš avatar image
Daniel Jaroš asked

VRM AC Input EM340+ AC Load EM111

Hi to all those struggling with EM meters,

I'm solving a problem with an EM111 1-phase meter that I want to use as an AC Load meter. The connection of the two meters is as one 3phase input to the house, the other as 1phase at the output of the MP2 5000 what I use as a UPS (waiting for ESS connection to DS). Both loaded correctly in my console, I switched the EM111 as AC Load, so it reloaded as a new AC Load meter. It says the values are correct, but the Console and VRM are not responding to those values (on the ac output mp2). MP2 without responding to the meter writes the output values from MP2. Which are incredibly inaccurate values (about 20%). Is there any way to get the output to the graphs, the console and the VRM to take the output from that AC Load meter, or am I not understanding this correctly and AC Load does not equal AC Output and therefore writes the numbers from the MP2?

Second thing do you know why you can't graph multiple variables from the meter? I have never managed more than just the output. Which is a shame and in the manufacturer's software it can read, voltage, current cos, voltage between phases etc. It's a great meter, but vastly underutilized by Victron. Too bad all the variables can't be graphed, with the EM540 it would be a perfect machine for detecting mains faults.

One more strange thing is happening to me. I have both EM111 and EM340 connected to one RS485 converter. On the EM111 I changed the Modbus ID to 2ku, the EM340 default ID1. There is no problem with this and I can see both meters in both the devices in the VRM and in the console. But I can only graph the EM111 in advanced. This is a bit disappointing, as I have the EM340 as an input to the house and was wondering about the load on the connection as a whole. It could be the incorrect connection of two meters to one RS485 module, but in principle the wiring is fine and obviously Victron can read IDs other than just 1. So I don't understand why the second graph can't be made and why it comes from the em111 and not the em340. This way I can look at the current load and read the power consumption from each meter via the console and that doesn't seem enough, I can do that by eye on the LCD on the meters.

The main query is on how to do power correction on the output, the rest is more of a supplementary sigh, thanks for the help Dan.

This is how it reports in the console but the output doesn't paint from AC Load, although it nails L2,L3 which I don't have in a 1 phase system so it knows about the electrical meter.

out2.png

Energy Meter
out2.png (342.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources