question

Fideri avatar image
Fideri asked

Faulty 250/100 MPPT?

Hi everyone,

I have two 250/100 and one 250/70 MPPTs connected to the Cerbo. They all have identical and the latest firmware v3.14. But I think one of my three chargers has a problem because:

1. When all 3 chargers are connected, they all show errors 39 and 87 on their respective displays. When the offending charger is removed, there are no errors shown.

2. Connecting the offending charger's PV array doesn't cause any errors.

3. When all three chargers are daisy-chained via VE Can, the Cerbo sees nothing. No errors are given. I haven't yet tried to remove the offending charger from the chain to see what happens. I'm now using VE Direct without the offending charger.

4. Although all 3 MPPTs are running identical firmware (3.14) and have identical settings, some settings in the offending charger are greyed out. On the remaining 2, equivalent settings are active. See photos for equalization settings. I find this strange though I don't use such settings.

The Victron seller has been unhelpful. He never responds.

The offending charger has serial number HQ2045W7UG8.

Fideri

PS: For some strange reason, I could only upload 1 of 2 photos.

bad.jpg

MPPT SmartSolarVE.Can
bad.jpg (32.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Fideri avatar image
Fideri answered ·

Here is the 2nd photo for contrast.

good.jpg

good.jpg (34.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Fideri

It is possible you edited a different preset when programming.

Have you tried resetting to defaults? Then using lithium profile using expert mode from there?

Just FYI the equalisation voltage set is probably triggering the errors. So use a different preset.

5 comments
2 |3000

Fideri avatar image Fideri commented ·

@Alexandra

I will try a different preset to be sure though I don't normally touch the dials.

I tried a factory default reset without success.

I also didn't try expert mode; I will try it.

I didn't try VE Flash because I'm not familiar with it. I will try it if it applies to MPPTs.

F.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Fideri commented ·

@Fideri

I was referring to editing a Preset in the app.

Ve flash applies to inverters. So not what you need.

0 Likes 0 ·
Fideri avatar image Fideri Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Alexandra

Noted, thanks.

To be on the safe side, I will adjust both the button and the app.

F.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ Fideri commented ·
I had a weird one once where the selector dial wasn't seated correctly and was "rocking" between two presets. Caused weird behaviour.

You can reload the firmware file from victron connect as well, maybe it makes a difference.

0 Likes 0 ·
Fideri avatar image Fideri nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks @nickdb . I will reload the firmware and look at the selector more closely.

F.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

How are the MPPTs connected to the Cerbo? If you have a mix of smart and cable networking, this is not supported and can cause strange errors.

1 comment
2 |3000

Fideri avatar image Fideri commented ·
@kevgermany
True. I think smart networking is not running. I prefer cable. I tried both VE Can and VE Direct (with the patch cables removed). But I will double check, just in case.

F.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

MPPT product page

VictronConnect manual

PWM or MPPT

MPPT calculator

MPPT codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic