question

martin-a-kraft avatar image
martin-a-kraft asked

Node-red fleet management

Hello, I represent a company named Differ Community Power.

We are operating more than 100 victron powered systems across the developing world. Several of these have the Venus OS large installed, and we have recently begun to experiment with using node-red to modify the hardware behaviour, however, given the scale of our operation, it is untenable to do this using the access to Venus OS large through VRM for each individual system. We therefore need a system for mass deployment, staging, versioning etc. Flow Fuse has been suggested. Has anyone here any experience running such a system on a victron Cerbo? Are there other tips or suggestions for achieving a scalable node-RED development on victron?

Thank you!

cerbo gxNode-REDdevelopment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
hominidae avatar image
hominidae answered ·

Flow Fuse is Node Red in a cloud, as SaaS. There is no way to run it on a Cerbo.

What you can try to achieve though, is deploying flows from Flow Fuse to one or many remote sites/NR instances. There is also the possibility to use github for flow storage and ansible for mass deployment as an alternative.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) answered ·

I haven't used nor tried it myself, but there is also https://flowhub.org/.

2 |3000