question

Jörg Becker avatar image
Jörg Becker asked

SOLVED: Remote Console, first no 'settings' possible, then 'empty' grafics

Since two or three weeks I have a strange problem with the Cerbo GX (V3.30~7) or better the remote console. The remote console is working in so far as it shows and updates all data and I can go through all menues without any problems.

But If I want to change a setting or value, the new setting will not take effect. E.g. I can try to disable 'Modbus TCP' but the 'slider button' will not change, I can set the maximum inverter power to 2300W (value changes with +/- buttons) and the new value will not take effect. It will change back to the old setting.

Resetting the Cerbo will cure this for an hour or so, then the same thing happens again.

Any ideas what I con do?

BR, Jörg.

PS: same on the VRM or on a local connection via ethernet cable.

remote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·
Perhaps follow the recovery process and reflash the GX, that may resolve whatever the issue is.
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jörg Becker avatar image Jörg Becker commented ·
Thank you very much!

Venus GX (not Cerbo as I wrote before!) reset to factory condition and reprogrammed and everything is running since 2 days now!

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Jörg Becker

Maybe report it to the beta crew. The latest Official Release is v3.22.

3 comments
2 |3000

Ups, sorry, I was totally unaware that I am using a beta version ...

Not sure if I can downgrade on V3.22!?!

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ Jörg Becker commented ·
@Jörg Becker

You should be able to change the Update Feed box from Beta to Official release.

2 Likes 2 ·
Just done that and downgraded to V3.22.

Let's see if it works better ...

Thank you very much!

0 Likes 0 ·
Jörg Becker avatar image
Jörg Becker answered ·

OK, now on V3.22. Same problems as before!

PS: one other detail: if the abovementioned problem appears, the ESS menu is also empty, saying something like 'no ESS assistant loaded' ...

2 comments
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

@Jörg Becker

Just guessing here, but maybe you've been upgrading Multiplus firmware too. The loss of ESS suggests you haven't uploaded the configuration file to restore your settings.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:remote_ve.bus_firmware_updates

Look for .rvsc or .rvms files on your pc.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jörg Becker avatar image Jörg Becker JohnC ♦ commented ·
No, I did not upgrade the Multiplus.

I think the problem could have something to do with the victron integration in Home Assistant. But I did not make any changes (updates) when the problem started.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jörg Becker avatar image
Jörg Becker answered ·

One additional thing:

after some time, the grafical GUI of the remote console only shows empy items. The ESS menu shows 'no ess assistant loaded' and the whole thing seems to have crashed ...

I am lost. How can I find out what crashes the system?

PS: stepping through the menus still works and some items are still active. It is possible to initiate a restart and then everything works for an hour or so ...

2 |3000