question

carlos avatar image
carlos asked

My system is 12 volt. I want to buy the victor charge control 100-50. I want to know if it can be connected in parallel to an outback charge control 150-80. if possible what would be the master and or slave. I need a schematic to do the wiring.

charge controller compatibility
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Carlos. Yes, you can do that. Neither needs to be master or slave, they will essentially operate independently based on their own V-target algorithms. You may find one 'takes over' with Absorb times perhaps, but it's just a settings thing to adjust that.

Just wire in the new Victron to the same two points that your Outback is wired to now.

I have an FM80 in my spares bin, and if some generous person donated me some mismatched panels, I'd drag it out and do just the same. It just wouldn't talk to my Victron monitoring.. no big deal..

Just an observation.. that's a lot of A for a 12V system, at a level where you may want to consider stepping up to 24V, even 48V. Sure you may have good reasons not to do that, but sometimes the future may throw the opportunity (failed inverter?).

Stay charged..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic