question

cabezonbd avatar image
cabezonbd asked

Why do I get a low Battery Alarm when I configure the MPII to Victron Smart Batteries?

Hello, New User here with Victron System. The system includes 4- 200aH Victron Smart LifePo4 batteries in parallel, Lynx BMS 500, V Battery protect 220A, Cerbo with GX 50 display, Mk3 USB to VE bus connector, VE to BT adapter, and a 120A/3000W/12V MultiplusII. When I configure Smart LiFePo4 Batteries in the VE Configure App, I get a low voltage alarm. If I only configure LiFePo4 batteries (non-specfic) no Low Voltage Alarm. All devices have the most updated software. Whats up?

low battery warning
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

If you select the preset for the Victron LiFePO4 with VE.Bus BMS and you don't have a VE.Bus BMS than you get that error.

Just select the normal LiFePO4 preset and your good.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cabezonbd avatar image
cabezonbd answered ·

Thank you Matthias, I would like to ask a follow up question. The fact that I have a Lynx BMS via VE Can bus to Cerbo, and the MP2 via VE Bus to Cerbo----would that not satisfy the requirements to click on that Victron Smart Lifepo4 option with the system configured that I am using the Victron Smart Batteries ? I would think the round 8 mm battery data cables (BTV) to the BMS should indicate that I am using the Victron Smart Batteries? in essence, its a complete Victron system, I am puzzled that the error comes up? BTW, I did just select the normal LiFePo4 option and it did eliminate my low battery error.

2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The only difference between the two presets is the option "configured for VE.Bus BMS" everything else is the same.

1708966229018.png

But you can't use that option if you don't have a VE.Bus BMS which is communicating directly with the MultiPlus via VE.Bus.

https://www.victronenergy.com/battery-management-systems/ve-bus-bms

You have a Lynx Smart BMS which is communicating with the GX device via VE.Can and the GX device is than communicating with the MultiPlus via VE.Bus.

https://www.victronenergy.com/battery-management-systems/lynx-smart-bms

1708966229018.png (71.8 KiB)
2 |3000

cabezonbd avatar image
cabezonbd answered ·

Thank you Matthias, I guess I assume too many things that just are not true. I do appreciate your support.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic