question

francesco-marzulli avatar image
francesco-marzulli asked

Help!!! Energy taken from the grid instead of batteries

The photovoltaic system consists of:

* Inverter Victron Quattro 48/8000/110 ;

* N. 2 MPPT 250-70Tr

* 48V Victron battery bank (N.8 Victron battery LFP 200Ah 12,8V - 2 parallel of 4 in series)

* N. 16 PV panels - 390 W

* Victron Energy Cerbo GX + display GX touch 50

The problem is the following: during the battery charging phase, after reaching a SOC of at least 50%, if the energy demand of the connected loads exceeds a certain value, energy is taken from the electricity grid rather than from the batteries: why ? Which parameters need to be changed to increase the share of energy taken from the batteries instead of from the electricity grid?

I attach some photos of some parameters set by the installer and ask: should I change these values?

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Energy Meter
image1.jpeg (889.9 KiB)
image2.jpeg (851.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You have set an inverter limit of 1000W, so anything above will come from grid.

(We also have different language sections, if you'd prefer to post in your first language)

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

francesco-marzulli avatar image francesco-marzulli commented ·

These limits were set by the installer, I have never changed anything due to lack of knowledge. What values should be set?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ francesco-marzulli commented ·
@Francesco Marzulli

Usually the limit is there when the battery can't take a full load discharge. Since you have a decent battery bank you can Switch the limit off.

1 Like 1 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ Alexandra ♦ commented ·

To add to what Alex has said, it is by default disabled so the inverter isn't limited, so would have to have been enabled at some point by the installer.

Common reasons: to balance the draw on the battery between grid, or bad weather so the batteries get a better charge.

1 Like 1 ·
francesco-marzulli avatar image francesco-marzulli commented ·

Thanks, @nickdb ! "We also have different language sections"... can you send me the link for italian language?

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ francesco-marzulli commented ·
My bad.

We have sections for Spanish, German and French. Unfortunately no Italian at present.

These are accessed from the "spaces" button at the top right.

So we will all have to do our best to communicate :)

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources