question

oldchubbyknuckle avatar image
oldchubbyknuckle asked

Lynx Smart BMS remote pins == hardware power off??

Does anyone reliably know if the remote pins on a Victron Lynx Smart BMS interrupt power for the complete device, including all Bluetooth, etc. i.e. it's a hardware power cut off?

It seems like it. The power on instructions note that those pins must be closed.

But later in the documentation it gets confusing. It documents 3 modes (ON, STANDBY, OFF). OFF can be entered from a soft-switch like the bluetooth victron connect app. Bluetooth is still enabled in OFF so that you could turn it back on. Main 500A contactor is open in OFF. But the Bluetooth would still be a parasitic draw of small current from the batteries.

And then there's the final chart which confusingly says the hard wired remote physical switch is YES for the OFF mode. But maybe that's just trying to clarify that you can't get into STANDBY through the manual switch?

I also saw a screenshot from the documentation here in the forum (not the latest version of the documentation I just downloaded from their site) that when the hardware switch on 10/11 is open, the BMS may "take awhile" to actually open the contactor. It waits for the current draw to become under 40 amps first.

So all of this is clear as mud in the Victron documentation.

Ultimately I'll guess I'll find out in a few weeks when I can get bench wired and test it myself.

1708622200412.png

Power on instructions:

1708622393209.png

Confusing chart:

1708622888166.png

More confusing warning:

screenshot-2024-02-22-at-53728pm.png

lynx bms
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources