Using DVCC and setting up VRM

Hello,

I am now installing the following setup:

- MPPT 75 15

- Cerbo S GX

- Orion TR DC DC 12V 30A

- Multiplus 1600 12v

- SmartShunt 500A IP65

- Together with an 200ah third party Lithium Battery with BMS inside that cannot be connected or read out

I have three questions:

- Should I use the DVCC settings?

- And how do I setup an VRM network, where to start, of is the victron connect app enough? And what is now the benefit of connecting everything with cables to the Cerbo over bluetooth?

- Can I switch the multiplus on and off via the Cerbo? While I don’t want to go in the closet in the back of my van all the time to switch the switch on the multiplus.

Thanks!

multiplus ve.busDVCC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

1. No. Your system will not support DVCC, per the DVCC Requirements section of the manual: https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/CCGX/en/dvcc---distributed-voltage-and-current-control.html#UUID-1531d8da-1c67-d749-b02a-635bffecc375

2. VRM is cloud-based monitoring, not a network. Please see the VRM documentation here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:start

2a. You cannot connect things to the Cerbo via bluetooth, so the benefit of using wired connections is that they will work.

3. Yes.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

To make the Multiplus switching easier from the Cerbo, add the Motorhome and Boat screen and you can turn the Multiplus on and off from that. Go to Menu > Settings > Display and Language > enable Motorhome and Boat view.

Swipe right/left from the main flow screen, you will see buttons at the bottom of the new screen.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

DVCC chapter in GX manual