question

bartrs avatar image
bartrs asked

Parallel Multiplus2, imbalance DC

I have setup 2 Multiplus 2 48/5000 in parallel.

All wiring DC and AC are identical is size, length and quality.

At loads of 5000w I see an imbalance between DC cables from Lynx to both Multiplus of 0,5A.

Is this acceptable?

multiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Yes, they will never be perfectly symmetrical. A deviance of a few percent is perfectly ok.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bartrs avatar image bartrs commented ·

Thanks for your reply.

I can't stand deviance but I guess I better put the amp clamp away then haha.

I must say that after running both Multi's in serie for a year, parallel is so much better. Visiblity in VRM improved massively. Should have done this since the beginning.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ bartrs commented ·
If that is 0m5A under full load that is pretty close to perfect.
1 Like 1 ·
bartrs avatar image bartrs Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Not under full load, 5kW of 8kW available. Will ramp up the loads tomorrow to it's limits and check deviance again.
The only difference in the system are the connection points on the Lynx, one Multi is just a notch close to battery than the other.

I've did my outmost best to have perfectly matching cables and connections.

0 Likes 0 ·
rslifkin avatar image
rslifkin answered ·

As long as the imbalance doesn't get large enough to cause one inverter to go into overload prematurely and there's no indication of a bad connection or something getting hot, I wouldn't worry about it. For the amount of power you're drawing, 0.5 amps is a pretty small difference and nothing to worry about.

1 comment
2 |3000

bartrs avatar image bartrs commented ·
Will ramp up the loads to the limits tomorrow to check the deviance and if one of Multi's go in prematurely overload.
0 Likes 0 ·