question

rulexi avatar image
rulexi asked

Victron VM-3P75CT Energy Meter - Generator Mode - Cerbo - VRM

Greetings, First off, the VM-3P75CT is wonderful. Realizing it is a new product there are a couple bugs. I am using it as a generator monitor on a single phase system. I have a MPII, Cerbo, and Touch with the VM-3P75CT. The CERBO, MPII and VM-3P75CT are wired to the CAN system. The VM-3P75CT is reflected as operational with expected data in the VRM Portal and is a recognized device while running. However, the device is not reflected on the on Remote Console or Touch screen. I was hoping the most recent CERBO firmware (v3.21) would correct this. The VM-3P75 CT has version (v1.05). Anyone know if this is a known issue, expected to be addressed at some point or is there something I should also do to get the Generator Data-Box to appear on the Touch or Remote Console? Thank you in advance.

Energy Metersystem status on cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Martin (Victron Energy) avatar image
Martin (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Rulexi, support for the VM-3P75CT has been added since VenusOS v3.12 and should just work. Did you add the blue RJ45 terminators on both sides of the VE.Can network?

Is your system called "Cueva de ..."? On that system I can see a Lynx Shunt connected to VE.Can but no VM-3P75CT. Do you mind I we log in remotely? If not, please enable Settings -> General -> Remote Support.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rulexi avatar image rulexi commented ·
Martin, I think the issue is there needs to be a constant AC input to operate the monitor. If one wants to measure the generator output (or regulate Amps) you need to have this device installed inline from the generator AC out and in this case to transfer switch. The problem is, the monitor will only have communications with the Cerbo if the generator is running. I just ordered ET112 and hopefully this will solve the issue since it uses a USB for communications.
0 Likes 0 ·
ldoes (Victron Energy) avatar image ldoes (Victron Energy) ♦♦ rulexi commented ·
Hi @Rulexi , I'm afraid you'll encounter the same problem with the ET112. Both the VM-3P75CT and ET112 are supplied through the L1-N input.
0 Likes 0 ·
rulexi avatar image rulexi ldoes (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
I agree, but I'm hoping the Cerbo will not forget it while not in use since the usb it is powered.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Energy Meter Selection Guide