question

kaz911 avatar image
kaz911 asked

Ekrano GX vs Signal-k - no "n2k-on-ve.can-socket" ?

Hi,

I have an Ekrano where I just updated the FW to "large" and enabled Signal-K & Node-red.

The Ekrano is connected to N2k and can see the other N2k devices on the N2k backbone.

But Signal-K does not seem to get any N2k data - and the n2k-on-ve.can-socket is not listed in data connections or dashboard. In Dashboard connection activity I only have "Defaults" and "Venus"

NMEA2000 output is enabled on the Ekrano for the 250kbps canbus. Cable is in the isolated Port 1 on the Ekrano.

Any help appreciated ! :)

NMEA 2000 - N2KSignalKekrano gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @kaz911 ,

For the Ekrano, we've forgotten to add a default configuration for SignaK; that is why you are missing that provider. Thanks for reporting, we'll add that in the future.

Meanwhile, you can add it manually.

I recommend to use the port labelled VE.Can 1 on the enclosure, since that is the isolated one. So, connect that one to your N2K network. Next, in the SignalK admin UI add a data connection, like in below screenshot. The canbus port name you need for the port labelled VE.Can 1 is vecan0.

1708274275665.png

1708274275665.png (49.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Moving to modifications section

2 |3000

kaz911 avatar image
kaz911 answered ·

super thank you.

Only small issue -I can't write the ID "n2k-on-ve.can-socket". It wont allow me to enter the "." (period) sign?

If I copy paste the "." (period) is just removed?

Can I call it something else without the Period without causing dependency problems?

/k

2 comments
2 |3000

Any name will do. “My first data connection” also works :-)
1 Like 1 ·
kaz911 avatar image kaz911 mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Super thank you - it works now.

Maybe it would be a good idea to add to the "intro" page?

Kind regards

/k

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Ekrano GX product page.

Ekrano GX online manual

Ekrano GX datasheet

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic