question

Sophie & Christian avatar image
Sophie & Christian asked

My Ikonvert NMEA2000 gateway never initialised by SignalK - Venus OS Large v2.90

Dear members, dear experts.

I appreciate your help for the following topic. I precise that i do my best to read most of the posts to find a solution but i am not an expert and i really need some help. I don't know even if it is the right place to post my masg, sorry. I thank you in advance.

Since 2 years, i was using Venus OS large v2.73 on a Raspi4B and collect the SeaTalk NMEA2000 data of my sail yacht with an Ikonvert gateway with SignalK ... all was fine.

Now, i upgrade to Venus OS large v2.90 and i do not succeed to get any SeaTalk Ikonvert data within SignalK. I installed (within SignalK v1.44.0) correctly the Server -> DataConnections -> NMEA2000 ikonvert gateway, then reboot, then iKonvert appears connected correctly in the Dasboard through a serial port UB2.

The problem is that i no longer collect any iKonvert NMEA data ... ?

Some additional informations:

- When i configure the iKonvert with Data Connections NMEA2000, if i select /dev/ttyUSB2 (wich is my USB port), after reboot, the system indicates an error "spawnSync /bin/sh ENOBUFS". If i configure it with the serial-id "/dev/serial/by-id/..." it works, but no data.

- On my investigations, i suspect that SignalK never send the PGN frame to initialize the iKonvert gateway, it should be "$PDGY,ACK,N2NET_INIT_NORMAL" ... but i don't know where and when it is done in SignalK. I read of course the github canboatjs ...

On another hand, i'm sure that my iKonvert is functioning since using Digital Yatch software on my PC, i initialised correctly the iKonvert and get NMEA200 data (without Venus and SignalK)...

- Additionnaly, i tried some SSH commands to understand the status, eg. : dmesg, lsusb ...

Maybe important, two USB ports /dev/ttyUSB0 and /dev/ttyUSB1 are used with VE.direct for two Victron Energy equipment, a MPPT 150/35 Solar Charger and a VE-SmartShuntBatt ... all is fine on this side ... but maybe /dev/ttyUSB2 is incompatible with SignalK iKonvert since VE.Direct is used ?

I collect also other additionnal informations that i can share with you if you can help me.

I thank you again for your help.

Best regards, Christian

NMEA 2000 - N2KSignalK
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic