question

tfboy avatar image
tfboy asked

ESS Assistant conflict with multiple assistants for relay control?

Following on from my previous question here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/252446/multiplus2-ac-out-2-control.html

I now have it working, but I wonder if there's a conflict.

What I'd like is to have a way of triggering AC Out 2 under two different coniditions:

1. Based on SoC (turn on above 95% SoC, turn off below 90% SoC).
  2. Based on relay 2 control on Cerbo.

Initially, I had just the pair of assistants using SoC values. I then added a second pair of assistants to close the AC Out 2 relay based on the Aux 2 input. At first, this didn't work, until I realised I had to switch the order around in VEConfig. I can now manually control this using Relay 2 on the Cerbo which then drives the Aux 2 which then is set to trigger AC Out 2 on the Multiplus.

Having now switched them around, this is working. Except that it appears the AC Out 2 isn't energised even when SoC is above 95%.

Is this a conflict? Is it not possible to have two sets of programmable relays?

Any suggestions?

Multiplus-IIAssistants
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Please show us your settings.
Highlight ALL assistants (including ESS) and klick on "summary".

Programming multiple assistants can be tricky sometimes. Try to switch the order of the assistants.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Maybe post the actual logic you have set the assistant to, perhaps something isn't quite right with that.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tfboy avatar image
tfboy answered ·

Here's my current config.

1708093141428.png

1708093141428.png (306.0 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Looks good to me.

Does the SOC based switching works at it's own, without the assistants for manual switching?

Try switching the positions of the assistants.
ESS
ON - SOC
ON - AUX
OFF - SOC
OFF - AUX

0 Likes 0 ·