question

Alex Pescaru avatar image
Alex Pescaru asked

Victron Energy registers description

Hi developers,

Is there a publicly available, complete, list of the Victron bus registers?
It will be useful for some of us that want to implement different pieces of hardware in the Victron busses/universe. :-))
Thank you very much!
Alex

Something like the registers below, that are not available in the VE.Can registers PDF document.

id: 0x2216
name: VE_REG_AC_OUTPUT_L1_APPARENT_POWER
type: sn32
description:
Multi/Phoenix Inverter measured power at AC output L1 {sn32 = Multi/Phoenix Inverter measured power at AC output L1 [1VA]}

id: 0x1050
name: VE_REG_HISTORY_DAY00
type: bytearray34
description:
History data day record day 0 = today (fast-packet: un8 = version, rest of the frame depends on the version)
version = 0: un32 = yield [0.01kWh], un32 = consumed [0.01kWh], un16 = vbatmax [0.01V],
un16 = vbatmin [0.01V], un8 = database, 4*un8 = errors, un16 = time in bulk [1 minute],
un16 = time in absorption [1 minute], un16 = time in float [1 minute], un32 = pmax [1W],
un16 = ibatmax [0.1A], un16 = vpvmax [0.01V], un16 = day sequence number
version = 255: unknown record (ignore data)
database: error database (devices may use different error codes)
value of 0xFF/0xFFFF/0xFFFFFFFF (depending on the type) indicates that a field is unknown/not available
requesting a day that is not (yet) available results in an error response (ve.can nack or ve.direct flags!=0)

id: 0xEDE0
name: VE_REG_BAT_LOW_TEMP_LEVEL
type: sn16
description:
Allow to charge low temperature level {sn16 = Allow to charge low temperature level [0.01°C]}
Default value is 5C. Make sure to use hysteresis in the implementation

VE.Can
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Alex Pescaru answered ·

Hi All,

As nobody answered until now, I compiled a brief list of registers for other developers to use.

The names are quite descriptive and are a good starting point if you want to understand the data format. I was too lazy to include it to the list.

Have fun!

Alex

reg_info.pdf

reg-info.pdf (113.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

semlohnhoj avatar image
semlohnhoj answered ·

Don't suppose you know the register for controlling the AC input relays?

0x0204 - VE_REG_AC_IN_ACTIVE looks like the status of the AC input

I'm assuming it's the registers in the 0xD0nn range like:

0xD0E0 - VE_REG_MULTIC_CONDITIONAL_AC_INPUT_CONNECTION

0xD0E1 - VE_REG_MULTIC_AC_INPUT_CONNECT_BASED_ON_LOAD

0xD0E2 - VE_REG_MULTIC_CONNECT_WHEN_LOAD_IS_HIGHER_THAN

0xD0E3 - VE_REG_MULTIC_LOAD_DELAY_BEFORE_CONNECTION

0xD0E4 - VE_REG_MULTIC_DISCONNECT_WHEN_LOAD_IS_LOWER_THAN

0xD0E5 - VE_REG_MULTIC_LOAD_DELAY_BEFORE_DISCONNECTION

0xD0E6 - VE_REG_MULTIC_CONNECT_WHEN_SOC_DROPS_BELOW

0xD0E7 - VE_REG_MULTIC_CONNECT_WHEN_BATTERY_VOLTAGE_DROPS_BELOW

0xD0E9 - VE_REG_MULTIC_DISCONNECT_AC_INPUT_ON

This is for the Multi RS so the case is slightly different because the cotrol is via ve.can but the registers do seem to map through at least in some cases.

If you have any ideas what the registers might be or the values ranges or where to look I'd be very happy.

John

2 |3000

Alex Pescaru answered ·

For the Multi RS case, the registers in the 0xD0nn range are the registers for controlling the AC Input Control.

The same options from VictronConnect, AC Input Control page.

It's quite easy to map them to the real commands on that page, just by looking at their name.

Just use the vreg command I've told you in the other thread to read their values and look at the results.

For example, for 0xD0E7, the return in my case is: 0xC0 0x12 0x00 0x00

Which means, taking into account the little endian, 0x12C0 = 4800, meaning 48.00V

Alex

2 |3000

semlohnhoj avatar image
semlohnhoj answered ·

Well, they say every day is a learning day and this one has been no exception. Thank you very much. This has been invaluable.

I'll stop using the relays on the Cerbo to do this now especially as the first one no longer works since it was configured as a generator control no matter what I do with it.

Cheers,

John

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic