question

aldo avatar image
aldo asked

Is the Venux GX required to control charging and discharging from the grid?

Hi there. I hope my non-technical language is understandable.

I read some of the answers in this forum but there is always some terms unknown to me that does not allow me to fully understand.

I live in an African country where power outages are not daily but weekly. But really expensive. A part the line connected to the national Grid, I have a dedicated circuit used to supply loads continuously.

I have :

Solar panels for 4,200 Watts,

Multiplus 24/3000 inverter / Charger

Victron Mppt charge control (I don't remember the power)

N ° 4 x 200 Ah batteries

I would also buy the Venux GX to get:

1) If the power of the solar panels is sufficient to power the connected loads, I would disconnect the grid and use only that produced by the panels, and if necessary the batteries but only within a limit of 50%.

2) I would also like that, if the production of solar panels is not enough, low amperage from the network was used to charge the batteries.

Kind regards

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Jaco Reinecke avatar image
Jaco Reinecke answered ·

Hi Aldo,

Yes, you can do a lot with ESS on a VenusGX.

Read about it here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:design-installation-manual

Regards
Jaco

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tomasf avatar image
tomasf answered ·

Hallo! You can also acheive roughly the function you describe with only a Multiplus. You can use a function in the Multiplus called "Virtual switch" to connect to grid when battery voltage is a bit low, charge from grid to a somewhat higher voltage, disconnect from grid when even a bit higher. I use this and it works. Br Tomas F.

2 |3000