question

damon-blumenstein avatar image
damon-blumenstein asked

Mopeka tank temperature display?

Has anyone figured out how to use the Mopeka tank sensors temperature readout as a displayed temperature sensor? Sure would be nice to be able to use this data.

cerbo gxTemperature Sensormopeka sensors
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Jeremy Albrecht avatar image
Jeremy Albrecht answered ·

I keep meaning to ask this question myself. It would be nice to have this info visible.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

The temperature is reported in the device list but doesn't look like it is very accurate. I have two original Mopeka Pro LP tank sensors side by side. One reports 45 F (7 C), the other 52 F (11 C). (A Ruuvi tag close by reports 45.4 F.)

4 comments
2 |3000

Jeremy Albrecht avatar image Jeremy Albrecht commented ·
Is the one reporting a low temperature on the tank that you’re currently drawing from for a propane powered furnace? High draw on a propane tank will lower the temperature, sometimes significantly.
0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem Jeremy Albrecht commented ·
No. I was not using any propane at the of the measurement or any time in the days previous. Zero flow.

Also the low temperature reading matched ambient temperature.

1 Like 1 ·
matteburk avatar image matteburk Kevin Windrem commented ·
I can confirm that the temp sensor are not accurate. I also have 2 side by side and they can show 3-4degres diffrent...
0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell Jeremy Albrecht commented ·
I just checked mine, 2 tanks next to each other in the same enclosed locker, unused for a few weeks, 15°C and 16°C, however, with the rounding error they could actually be anywhere from 0.1°C to 1.9°C difference. From memory they normally read around 1°C different, smaller difference than Kevin's.
1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources