question

rgrver avatar image
rgrver asked

Create custom VRM spreadsheet with less columns?

I have a very simple solar system on my camper that I use VRM to monitor. When I download the spreadsheet of past activity, most of the columns I don't care about. Is there a way in VRM to design a custom spreadsheet that has only the columns I want? Or, if not, is there a way to make a spreadsheet macro that would hide the columns I don't want just by running the macro?

Thanks, Ralph

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
rgrver avatar image
rgrver answered ·

I just answered my own question! I took a VRM spreadsheet with “too many” columns and used standard spreadsheet commands to “hide” the columns I didn't want. The data is still there, but invisible until I unhide the columns. I then saved only the column headers as a “template”. For future spreadsheets, all I have to do is download them, copy the numbers in them, paste them to the template spreadsheet and then save it under a new name. Works perfectly and didn’t take very long. Yay!!! Probably obvious to spreadsheet gurus, but I had to think a bit. :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.