question

ngknick avatar image
ngknick asked

Remote console failed to connect, enabled but not online. Can connect via LAN

Update: LAN connection works. Test links from Victron work, so not firewall related. GX enabled but not online. Data logging working. See add'l screenshot.

victron-connect-remote-console.png

Have successfully used remote console but currently getting connection error. I can connect to VRM application and monitor settings/ turn on and off the inverter. So two-way communications seems to be enabled and working. I've tried resetting the password, rebooting the GX, updating firmware. Have read plenty of other threads of people having issues, trying to avoid the last solution I found of factory resetting the GX since I've had it working previously.

I noticed the VRM console says enabled but not online. However when looking at the GX touch device it shows online and enabled? Does anyone have troubleshooting tips or ideas? I do have an MK3 that I keep plugged into the multi if that's causing any issues (nothing connected to the usb end). I also tried connecting to the VRM remote console without the MK3 plugged in and still could not connect.

Update/Edit: I can access both Victron URL's ( https://vncrelay.victronenergy.com & https://vncrelay2.victronenergy.com/) from multiple devices with no issue. Will try from LAN and report back.

VRM online portal settings show ONLINE and Stored Reports 0

1000012957.png

cerbo gxremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@NGKnick

Did you set or disable the password when you enabled it online? It does also require reboot afterwards.

More troubleshooting steps here.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ngknick avatar image ngknick commented ·
thank you - yes, enabled password - then reset and was able to connect with password enabled. Fast forward a few weeks, and am unable to connect.

Have been using a T mobile hotspot (with Google Fi data only sim) the whole time if that plays a factor. Have seen threads where that may be the issue, but I was able to connect before.

0 Likes 0 ·