question

Osman Taskiran avatar image
Osman Taskiran asked

Victron Professional Documents Why in Docx format

Hi,

Sometime I am looking to professional portal.

Some of documents in docx format, I dont like these format. Becuase these documents are must be read only. Why Victron dont publish these documents in pdf or html format?

example: https://professional.victronenergy.com/downloads/firmware/file-download/?name=Venus%20OS%20%28CCGX%2C%20Venus%20GX%2C%20Cerbo%20GX%20and%20other%20GX%20products%29/Venus%20OS%20-%20firmware%20changelog.docx

documentation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Well, changelogs are by nature changing, so makes sense they're in .docx. If you need it in read only, just download it and export as PDF.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

I can not even open the docx correctly in LibreOffice.

The formatting is messed up.

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

I wonder if that's a version-specific error, I have LibreOffice too and I can open the docx with no issues in formatting on mine, but perhaps I have a different version than you do?

libre.png

0 Likes 0 ·
libre.png (31.8 KiB)

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic