question

julian avatar image
julian asked

CCGX automatic ethernet configuracion out of lan values

Hi, I'm trying to integrate my CCGX into my LAN and when setting it up with dhcp server IP value it's always being setup with data out of my lan, which belongs to 192.168.x.x network.

As a result my ccgx is accesible from outside but it's not from inside. Setting it with manual values doesn't fix the problem as then the unit is not accesible:

Any clue about the reason this is happening? Why is it being filled with 82.213.210.x network parameters?

Both 82.213.210.153 and 82.213.192.1 belongs to my ISP provider, so it has to be any relation to this. But CCGX is directly connected to my private router by cable...

Thanks.

CCGX Color ControlTCP IP Networking
ccgx.png (30.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Kristof G. avatar image
Kristof G. answered ·

Hoi,

Sure its a router and not a switch?

Second, have you connected this on ISP connection first and than switched over to LAN? ( if so, reboot color first)

And if you have ISP ip on your router side, i dont think you van acces that via ISP extern..

thinking that the router is a switch ( or wrong utp cable (if you have multi at the install) plugin.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

julian avatar image julian commented ·

Thanks @Kristof G. yes it was connected directly to the router itself but due to VLAN settings on the firmware it had 2 ports not directly pointing to my lan. Already sorted it out.

0 Likes 0 ·
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi,

Your CCGX got a public IP.

Try to connect the CCGX to another switch port of your router, best to one (temporarily) 100% known the device connected to this port before, got an internal IP.

Regards,

Markus

1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks @Markus yes I tried that but the same happened with the 2 free ports on my router. Was related to VLAN configurations in the router already sorted it out.

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Surely you are connected to a special port on your router which is not on the LAN side. It must be connected to some mirror port on your router. It's not a problem with the CCGX. It is asking for an IP and your ISP's DHCP server is responding with one.
Please can you sort this out because your CCGX is connected directly to the internet and I can connect directly to it using 82.x.x.153 The blessing is that you have a password.
You disguised the MAC address but left your public IP address for all to see!

1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks @WKirby yes I knew that, it's the reason for the post. It's not a fixed IP so will have moved to a different one already. Yes, looks like my router has 4 ports and 2 of them are that kind of mirror's due to VLAN settings I already sorted out (you put me on the way...)

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic