question

xav avatar image
xav asked

Remote configuration with a Mac?

Don't tell me that there still isn't a way to remotely configure the system remotely on a Mac?

installationremote consolemacOS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

You'll need to be more specific, I think. What system? What software are you using? What are you trying to remotely configure?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

xav avatar image xav commented ·

I am new at all this.

I have a sailboat with solar panels, multiples II 3000w/12v, Orion Tr, GX 50, MPPT 100.50 and Cerbo GX.

2x 200Ah Lithium

I understand that I am supposed to tell the system which type of batteries I am using and Ah and all...

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Plenty already posted on the subject and available via search.

You can remotely push/pull config files fine via a mac, do it often enough

You can locally use victron connect for most changes.

It's just the veconfigure toolset that will not run unless you use parallels or similar, or a remote desktop in windows to build the file.

It would be nice to run it natively as a mac user myself, but dev work is going into VC as a replacment, eventually, and I suppose mac's marketshare is still relatively small.

It is tier 2 with most, if not all, software vendors.

1 comment
2 |3000

xav avatar image xav commented ·

the info I could find dated from 2019 and/or was super lengthy - which is ok - but also contradictory.

Maybe my search terms wasn't specific enough. I'll give it another shot

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Remote Console on VRM - Troubleshooting

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic