question

eamonpendergast avatar image
eamonpendergast asked

Venus OS v3.14 dropping all network connections

Hi All,

I'm posting here to report an issue and hopefully save someone some troubleshooting later. I'm using a Cerbo GX, running Venus OS now for the past few months. Mainly, I'm using this for some simple automation that I couldn't achieve through standard settings. I get cheap electricity rates from 2am-4am, so I schedule the car to charge via the Victron EVCS while sometimes also charging the battery. NodeRED allows me to turn on inverter limiting to force the EVCS to pull from the grid as opposed to the battery when I'm not charging the battery. This is necessary as if I'm not charging the battery, the EVCS would instead pull from the battery.

This was all working great until recently (24/01) when suddenly the Cerbo GX started losing all network connections a couple of times a day. I have the Cerbo GX connected via Ethernet (and WiFi as backup), both with static IPs. When the bad state occurs, looking at the networks settings, the Cerbo GX sees the LAN cable as disconnected (which it's not) and is completely unable to connect to WiFi, but can see networks. The only recovery from this state is to manually reboot the Cerbo GX - I've recently also set the Cerbo GX to reboot after 5 mins with no network to 'auto-recover' also.

I was beginning to think the Cerbo GX was faulty but reckon I've found the real issue - Venus OS v3.14. Looking at the official Venus OS repository, v3.14 was released on the exact day the network issues began for me - I've rolled back to v3.13 and am testing currently, but I'm pretty confident I've diagnosed the issue.

Hope this helps someone and if there's a way I can report the issue to Victron directly, I'd love to know!

cerbo gxVenus OS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Easiest solution would be to disable the automatic FW update.

(is off by default)

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers