question

jacqueselectrosol avatar image
jacqueselectrosol asked

Pylontech US3000 update problem

I am using 36xus3000A (74Ah) Pylontechs with Victron inverters.

They are connected via Pylontech Hub.

There are 5 battery banks with 5-8 batteries per hub.

The hub is indicating correctly, lights 1 and 3 is blinking indicating 5 banks.

I decided to update the batteries because of “internal failures”, “low voltage” and “high voltage” alarms. Updating the batteries was recommended by our suppliers.

Before updates:

On Victron remote console>Device List>Pylontech>Parameters the (DCL) Discharge Current Limit was :1332A.

After Update:

The DCL is only :185A

Calculating that is means 185/5 banks: 37A.

Which tells me the system is only reading the master battery for each battery bank and ignoring the rest after updates.

I also updated the Pylontech Hub.

Even though working without alarms, after updating the hub, in Batteryviewer it says “SysError”. SysError ‘’122880”.

Maybe I am using an incorrect version of Batteryviewer?

Notes:

When updating the batteries, batteryviewer software asked for Coulumb value(Ah). When inserting 74 it automatically changes it to “none” or “0”.

When updating hub, it also asked for Coulumb value(Ah). Which also defaulted to “0”.

I need some urgent help!

Regards

Pylontechcharge current limitpylontech lv hub
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@JacquesElectrosol

This is more of a pylontec support thing. so probably best to contact them if your supplier is not able to back up their services and advice. service@pylontech.com.cn

Did you update the Victron components at all?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@JacquesElectrosol

If you connect one stack of 8 no hub does it read 8 on the GX?
0 Likes 0 ·
jkkm avatar image
jkkm answered ·

I have previously updated US3000A Pylontech's with the following firmware file us3000a_V3.4_Crc.bin and Battery View 3.0.24. Even though it asks for the Coulomb information it can't write it so it makes it 0. This is not an issue the coulomb value shows up correctly after the update. You can check the "Event" log file. The specification field shows as 48v/74AH. This doesn't resolve your current issue but should remove the concern that the firmware update wasn't completed correctly.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron Pylontech battery compatibility guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic