question

birdie-kingston avatar image
birdie-kingston asked

Solar charger turning off unexpectedly

Hi.

We have a number of devices connected to MPPT 75/15 controllers, and some of them seem to turn off the load output for no reason (or an unknown reason)

all are connected to 30Ah 12v LiFePO4 batteries

charge controller "load output" is set to user def algorithm 1: (off < 11.0V, on > 12.80V)

streetlight mode is disabled

on the app home page, load output is shown as off, and our devices are not receiving power. in most cases, battery voltage is above 13v, and if day time, then charging from solar is working properly

with the above settings,

my understanding is that if the battery voltage is above 12.8v, our device should always be powered?

and if below 12.8v, it depends on whether it's dropped from above 12.8v (on), or is sitll rising from 11.0v (off),

and then below 11.0v, it should be off?

Any clues why this is not the case?

e.g. in one instance, we had a battery v=13.27v, I=0A, but with load output=off, I=0A, P=0W

Is there anything else we should be checking in the settings? something we're missing? or could it be faulty charge controllers? or something we could be doing wrong?

Most of our charge controllers behave normally, how we'd expect. its only about ~5 that have this issue.

I'd appreciate any advice anyone can provide.

Thanks

support
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron - Where to buy - Authorised Installers, Sales and Distribution

Warranty and Repairs.