question

pulith avatar image
pulith asked

Need help with Assistant in multiplus-II

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

I have an issue and unable to get any answers from local agent. I have 2 mulitplus-ii gx connected in parallel.

The below is my requirement.

I don't want any power to go out to the grid. I have connected the grid to the mulitplus-ii. I only have AC1 as output.

Daly bms is used to control battery (lifepo4 560Ah 48V system)

I don't want my batteries to charge from the grid unless it goes below 15% and it to charge only upto 50% using the grid.

I want to have a function where I can charge the batteries from the grid too. While running the house (don't want to use charge only function)

I want the grid to work as an ups if for some reason discharge is stop or low SOC I want the grid to come in immediately and sustain the load.

Also can I use raspberry pi with CAN hat n connect to the mulitplus-ii without a mk3 cable. Want to show details in the venous os system.

Thanks again

Assistants
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

HI @Pulith

Someone correct me if im wrong but you only need 1 gx model, the other model needs to be non gx i believe.

You're describing an ESS configuration. These links might give you some more detail of the features:

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Storage_System/en/ess-introduction---features.html

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Energy_Storage_System/6292-ESS_design_and_installation_manual-pdf-en.pdf

You can either connect daly bms to gx device (details elsewhere on forum). Or use a smart shunt to get the battery data into the victron/gx system (I prefer using smart shunt over BMS but that's personal preference).

What you're describing with grid as a UPS almost, is passive if everything is on ACIN side.
However it is also supported under ESS on ACOUT side.

I'm not sure on the can hat. Imagine that'll be a fair bit of work to code. If you're getting gx models you wont need a pi running venus os. The GX device running venus os is built into the gx models.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources