question

Mariola Martínez Serrano avatar image
Mariola Martínez Serrano asked

Battery Protect turns off when charged Overload alarm

I have an inverter charger multiplus II, a smart battery protect and smart solar regulator connected to a LifePo4 battery in a camper van. When I'm charging the battery from the 220V socket at home and the battery is full, an alarm from VE.Bus System appears in VRM saying "Overload L1: Warning" and the battery protect turns off everything. If I disconnect the inverter or the cable it works again, but sometimes this happens also with the solar charger and I had to reconnect the solar charger from VictronConnect app for having my installation working again.

I tried with different cables and plugs with same result.

Could someone help me to find the issue?

Thanks!

Multiplus-IIBattery Protectlifepo
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

Do you run the Inverter over the BatteryProtect?

Do you run the SolarCharger over the BatteryProtect?

Do not do this, because the BatteryProtect does not support back current.

The SolarCharger and the Inverters MUST BE ALWAYS connected directly to the Battery.

The BatteryProtect is EXCLUSIVE for DC Loads.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@mmserrano

Given this happens only when the batteries are full, regardless of source, look to the possibility that the battery bms is shutting off the battery. Yes, overcharging V being detected. That would shut down the BP. I can't explain the Overload warning, but could be just a system response to the dead halt in current flow.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi John, when the battery BMS shuts down, the cerbo GX screen turns off as well, but in this case It stays turned on so I guess it is the battery protect
0 Likes 0 ·