question

jimzi avatar image
jimzi asked

Is it possible to post data to VRM?

I currently have multiple Victron products (battery monitors, energy monitors etc.) that communicate with Venux GX which posts data to VRM.

I am now adding two non-Victron products which will be monitored from a Raspberry Pi (via USB) and I'd like all the data in one place, so I had planned to connect all VE.direct inputs to the Pi to log from there. Problem is, I really like the VRM portal and want to know if its possible to forward logged data to the VRM portal having captured it on the Pi

The alternative is for me to query the VRM API for data after its been posted in there by the Venus GX, but I'd prefer to store and forward from the Pi to VRM to reduce the number of trips that data is making.

Is it possible to post data into the VRM from a 3rd party application?

VRMRaspberry Pi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
sswiers avatar image
sswiers answered ·

Hi Jimzi. We are using a Victron LoRaWan for this but a more elegant solution would be nice. With the LoRaWAN we can only handle one VE.Direct device. Next step is to connect multiple VE.Direct (or even VE.Bus) devices to a LoRa router we have.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.