question

olexandr avatar image
olexandr asked

Multiplus 2 and 3 phase connection.

Hello, dear friends.

I am from Ukraine.

I faced the following problem during integration. I thought it was not a problem for Victron Energy, but I have already tried everything.

So.

Most of my customers have three-phase connections.

Accordingly, all consumers at home are distributed by phase.

As a rule, there are no three-phase motors or anything like that.

We bought 3 multiplus II for the installation.

At the output, we formed a 3-phase network, connected the house, and everything was fine.

But as soon as one phase disappears or significantly drops (for our country, this is within the rules, a line break, a significant load on one phase, some other trouble in the form of an unbalanced neighbour), the inverter immediately stops charging the battery and works in inverter mode.

Also, if the client has a single-phase generator, with such a scheme, I cannot build it so that the generator charges the batteries through one phase, and then the house is powered by 3 phases. And in our country, everyone now has a single-phase generator, and we live in such times.

I don't understand why the system can't work from a single phase.

And also, for example, there is only one phase and the client will have a 3-phase load, why can't 3 inverters work as a frequency converter?

In principle, you can put everything into one phase of 3 inverters at the same time, use one entrance to the house, but at the same time I will create a large phase skew, and go beyond the provided power at the entrance to the house.

Is it possible that I am doing something wrong?

3 phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@olexandr____

You can have the option to not switch as a group. It is set up in ve bus configurator.

The only catch is if you are using ESS assistant with switched as a group off this is no longer an option.

Or since you don't have three phase appliances is to have one I better per phase as an individual. The only catch there is if you want ESS assistant you need to have a GX for each inverter.

The better choice here is actually the Multi RS inverters, they don't care about missing phases. And they ESS out the box.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

olexandr avatar image
olexandr answered ·

Great if I choose 3 pieces of Multi RS

VICTRON ENERGY MULTI RS SOLAR 48/6000/100-450/80

as an example

I will be able to build a 3-phase network at the output.

Should I charge with one phase or with a single-phase generator?

2 |3000

olexandr avatar image
olexandr answered ·

But I just looked in the manual and didn't see the AC1 grid network input there

2 |3000