question

Greg Ireland avatar image
Greg Ireland asked

Can I run a Blue Power Panel in parallel with Venus GX?

Hi, I have a Quattro 24/8000 connected to a Blue Power Panel that is fitted with 4 shunts monitoring House, Engine 1 Engine 2 and Generator batteries.

I have added a Victron GX, 712 Battery Monitor (for House) 2 x MPPT Solar Controllers and connected my Simrad NSO Evo2 sounder.

At this stage I have simply left the older shunts connected to the BPP VE Net,, connected the Quattro to the Venus VE Bus and then linked the BPP VE Bus to the Venus VE Bus.

The older shunts display fine on the BPP but thr Quattro is dropping on/off line regularly,

The Quattro is rock solid on the Venus and house battery / solar reporting correctly.

Should the Quattro stay online to the BPP with the VE Bus connected or should I disconnect it?

Also, the Simrad integration (documents indicate that NSO Evo2 is supported) has a problem where the Victron icon on the sounder seems to reset or flash every 10 seconds. This causes difficulty in operation of the MFD as it messes with the curser control / selecting process. Any advice on that issue?

Greg

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

The BPP is not compatable with the lattest VE bus firmware ,

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.