question

valvetdk avatar image
valvetdk asked

What is my system voltage?

I have a question and hope someone here is a bit smarter than me. it is about choice of MPPT, and the question is whether I should choose an MPPT 100/30 or 100/50 for my setup, and it depends on my system voltage, I have chosen two solarpanels of the type LONGi Solar LR5-54HPB 410W, I connect them in series.

I have 2 pcs. lead batteries of the brand 12V 50Ah, I have mounted them in series and thereby get 24V 50Ah, this is done on the basis of my conveter 24V / 230V for my electrical devices connected to this system.

So Here is my question then, is my system called a "24V system voltage" or 12 V ??

And just another question, does the MPPT itself figure out how to charge the 12V batteries I have in series (24V)??

- Nick

MPPT Controllersbattery chargingvoltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
xavier-64 avatar image
xavier-64 answered ·

Hello,
The answer is in your message !! your system is a 24V system!

The MPPT will detect the voltage at the first power on. But you can after tune the setup with a BT connection if it is Smart version or With the help of a BT dongle or USB adapter.
For the MPPT selection the first number is the maximun input Solar Panel voltage. (100V) the second one it the maximum output current that the MPPT can deliver...

Your 24V 50Ah batteries based on on the tecnology will need around 5A under 24V for Lead Accid or AGM to XX for lithium(caracteristics to be checked) ...

Xavier.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

valvetdk avatar image valvetdk commented ·

Thanks for the quick reply, so I can easily choose a 100/30, and if you say it uses 5A to charge, I also think this system is plenty big for my battery, I see my solarpanels can throw 13.05 Amp out

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources