question

abdelmjid avatar image
abdelmjid asked

LOW BATTERY VOLTAGES

img-1112.pngHi img-1113.jpegget the message Low battery voltages but my batteries is almost full charged what can be ? I have a Victron Gel 220A 48 V system . System is working but on remote console I se the rd light flushing but but everything is working and battery is 98% .Do you have any idea what can be ?

battery
img-1112.png (524.2 KiB)
img-1113.jpeg (1.1 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@Abdelmjid

These warnings are coming from the 'DC Input Low Pre-alarm' settings in the Multi. May be set too high, and triggering from spikes in peak load (which you may not be able to see in VRM or even Connect if they're very short).

If your GELS are cold they won't hold up V very well under load. My own Multi with fla batts is set to 42V to avoid these alarms in winter.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

abdelmjid avatar image abdelmjid commented ·

Hi thanks for your answer I have my dc input low pre alar at 43,60 is that god or not ? And my input low shut down at 37,20 so what do you think ?

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ abdelmjid commented ·

@Abdelmjid

Up to you. I know the reason for mine (an ac water pump starting) so I'm not concerned. If I needed to go lower than 42V I would. VRM can provide emailed alarms on things like SOC, so you could consider that.

The 37.2V trip point is Victron default and won't go any lower. If that happens maybe new batts needed.. :)

Low Battery Temp on Pb batts really does make it worse, and I don't usually have issues outside deep winter. And there's no snow where I live..

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

The battery voltage at 49 volts looks like it's not full. Read up on how voltage compairs to soc see the graph atrached. Currently your real soc is around 10% LiFe04-soc-voltage-chart.jpg

2 |3000

Juha Tuomala avatar image
Juha Tuomala answered ·

I get them too, I'm running beta releases.1710325595190.png

I must be a mistake since battery is rated to go down 43.5

1710325639864.png

and the lowest point was 47.11V.

1710325756182.png

1710325595190.png (19.6 KiB)
1710325639864.png (27.3 KiB)
1710325756182.png (36.6 KiB)
5 comments
2 |3000

Juha Tuomala avatar image Juha Tuomala commented ·
ping @JohnC
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ Juha Tuomala commented ·

@Juha Tuomala that is a bug in the beta, update to ~15 it resolves it as documented in the release notes.

1 Like 1 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ Juha Tuomala commented ·

@Juha Tuomala

Beta releases eh, makes everything a guess.

If you click on the Quattro message it should show what's registered for the Low V, but isn't necessarily the lowest it actually got to if it's just a spike in load or something causing it. You'd also need to look at the alarm settings in the Quattro to see if they're realistic.

With Pylontechs in the mix I can't say for sure, but I'd expect something to be registered from there if it were critical.

The RS mppt, I have no idea..

1 Like 1 ·
Juha Tuomala avatar image Juha Tuomala JohnC ♦ commented ·
Those are gone now as I updated firmware. I'll follow do they keep coming.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ Juha Tuomala commented ·
If you choose to run betas then please follow the beta venus OS topic for that release in modifications, it will list know issues and fixes and if you have a problem, first rollback to a previous version or production version to see where it started. If it is undocumented then please post it in that topic where the dev team are looking for feedback.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic