question

reginald-potts avatar image
reginald-potts asked

multiplus2 x2 parallel assistants

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I have x2 MP2 5KVA in parallel. When I wired them up I read that all AC/DC cables, breakers, etc have to be identical which I did, everything been working great last couple years.

Now I'm trying to heat hot water with surplus solar I have setup relay assistants on each MP2 to close relay AC OUT2 when SOC reaches 98% and to open relay at 95% so batteries are not drained too much.

My question is does the cabling coming from AC OUT2 to the AC circuit breaker 16A (then on to 2.5KW immersion heater) need to be identical on both units like the other cables or can I just use one MP2 output to feed the immersion.

Any help much appreciated

multiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

you must use both and yes they should be the same length to the join junction.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

reginald-potts avatar image reginald-potts commented ·

Wired up both MP2's AC OUT2 same 2.5mm cable & length to solo 16A MCB unit. Right beside the unit put a double socket and plugged in the 2.5KW immersion heater to 200L water tank, working like a charm the water is 80 C which is when the thermostat relay opens.

Now I have a spare socket to charge anything I like up to 5A @ 230V and I can easily upgrade the MCB to 20 or 25A which will give me even more surplus power for a few hours every sunny day.

These Victron systems are just getting better & better the more I learn.

0 Likes 0 ·