question

philip-in-spain avatar image
philip-in-spain asked

Programming Gerbo gx relay output

• Hi All, I have a full Victron system, 8kw solar panels, 2 x multiplus 2 (5kw each), 28kw pylontech batteries(8 x 3500W), 2 x 250/70 MPPT charge controllers, and will be adding a wind turbine, and was thinking to use the battery (bms) "allow to charge" function to know when to switch on a dump load, when the battery is full, via a Gerbo gx relay output, But how do you program that? When falling x percentage then it can charge as normal again. But I also have the solar panels too via 2 x 250/70 MPPT chargers. Any ideas, someone done it before?Thanks
cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Philip in spain

The Cerbo itself isn't perhaps the best place to set up switching logic. The Multi has this.. https://www.victronenergy.com/live/assistants:start

Multi also has an ACOut2 relay onboard, which can be switched from there, so nothing external need be added if you're happy with an ac dump load.

The Cerbo relay could be wired across separately to give remote on/off functionality. Pylon info like SOC and V would be available as 'system' values to be acted upon as you choose.

A bit of a learning curve involved, but worth the effort. No www needed either, this all can work standalone.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

philip-in-spain avatar image
philip-in-spain answered ·
  • Hi @JohnC , thanks, that can help a lot, as way simpler as well. So the multi then access (or have that data via ve bus) on soc and a list is made with "assistants" like the voltage etc, to know when to switch the relay on, which in turn is the dump load.
  • I will investigate and read up, thanks
2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·
2 |3000