question

Neo Nos avatar image
Neo Nos asked

How to setup a full Victron system with Inverter/Solar/Orion,etc using a Smart BMS 12-200?

So it seems my BMS 12-200 does not work with the MultiPlus 2 3000? Or just not on the System + port?

I have the Smart BMS 12-200 BMS along with a Cerbo GX, a Multi Plus 2 3000, 1 x Orion 30amp, 2 xMPPT 100-50, a Smart Shunt, a Lynx Distro and my 3 200AH VE Batteries...

I thought it was all simple unitl I got the BMS out of the box and upon further reading it seems that I can not connect Multiplus 3000 to the system+, so my question is can I connect the Lynx Distro to the System plus and all the other components, and leave the Multiplus separate?

Should I have my chargers like Solar and Orion through this? Or only have the DC? I have got really frustrated and it seems like I have to just spend the money on the Lynx Smart BMS Perhaps?

Also the Cable for Smart BMS to MultiPlus seems to be only for the CL 12/100"...

I have been searching for hours and have not felt this frustrated in a very long time. I really wanted the Alternator charging why I went with this BMS. at this point I am sitting with $10K of equipment and not even the ability of a $20 inverter. Any help will be appreciated.

It would be awesome if Victron could give me one diagram that works with the 12-200 product.

I can't help but realize how using VE Lithium batteries is more complicated than non-VE batteries.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@Neo Nosrati It would be time for you to read the manual.

Read the introduction, and have a look at the system examples.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Neo Nos avatar image Neo Nos commented ·

I've been reading it hopefully I understand correctly and can control everything with the Load Disconnect and Charge Disconnect Terminals. It is a lot of information to consume at one without a lot of background in these systems but I am getting the sense that the BMS doesn't control the batteries the way an onboard system does and works as some signal sender to victron devices. Or perhaps On-Board BMS batteries act as a battery protect and this is not gonna be the case in my usage... I don't know what i don't know.

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ Neo Nos commented ·

@Neo Nosrati Victrons BMS range is only intended to work with Victron Lithium Smart Battery range. Might be worth looking there also.

0 Likes 0 ·