question

krisro avatar image
krisro asked

Blue Power panel GX firmware

What is the latest software version for a Blue Power Panel GX that works with current firmware on Multiplus or Quattro? Can the BPP software be upgraded by Victron?

Due to defective board, I had to install new board in my Quattros, going from 1948209 to 2648xxx firmware. The BPP works with the Quattro 2648209 firmware, but not with the latest 2648508 (BPP keeps "initializing" the connection). BPP software is very old, 0x0107 from 2013.

Latest Quattro firmware has some advantages (ESS or HUB2-V3), but I can not read the currents/voltages in the wheelhouse... Dealer tells me to get a new Cerbo GX with GX Touch screen... Does not fit the old instalation cut-out in the dashboard, gives nice colors but power in Watt and no indication of the current (Amps) on the AC IN and OUT (needed to limit input currents), and another bag of cash to spend...

So: can an old BPP with software 0x0107 be upgraded by Victron to work with the current Quattro firmware?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargersoftwareblue power panel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

blue power is a discontinued unit and is not compatible with the 26 series quattro boards, sorry to say but you will need to bin it and buy a cerbo and a screen.

its also NOT wise to install a 2648 board into a 1948 Quattro unit, you might end up with other stability issues, this sort of upgrade is not supported by or even suggested by victron

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

krisro avatar image krisro commented ·

Hi Paul,

thanks for the info. Seems I will have to go for the Cerbo GX or similar if I want to use 26485xx on the Quattros (2 in parallel). BPP works fine with the 2648209 firmware though. For now, I don't need the additional possibilities of the 508 firmware such as an ESS system (I live on a boat, and ESS is "not to be used on a boat".)

For your information:
Had a 10 year old defective 1948209 Quattro in a master/slave configuration. Shipped the defective unit to Victron in the Netherlands. They replaced the old 1948209 board with a 2648506 one. So apparently the do support upgrading boards on old Quattro systems. After downgrading the firmware back to 2648209 (advise from my Victron dealer), it worked in parallel with the other old 1948209 Quattro. Just to be sure/safe, I ordered also a new 2648xxx board for the second Quattro and both are now running 2648209 firmware. Same funcionalty as before with PV assistant. (For now, no HUB2-V3 possible without firmware upgrade and a new Cerbo-GX...)

0 Likes 0 ·