question

arizonasteve avatar image
arizonasteve asked

Bluetooth Update Failed, Fix?

More problems! It was cloudy today and I wanted to see if the solar panels were charging so I started up the Victron app and it immediately crashed and removed it's icon from the screen! I disconnected the power and rebooted everything and tried again and it connects via Bluetooth but then says it needs to update the firmware from 2.15 to 2.19.

It goes a little way to 4% then gets an error saying Update Failed!

Is there a way to fix this since Bluetooth presently does not work?

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Arizonasteve,

There are some steps to take here :

9.3 Problems during firmware updating

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

arizonasteve avatar image
arizonasteve answered ·

I got the update to work by using a different phone but that exposed a very serious problem with this unit, it SHOULD NOT STOP WORKING just because it wants an update!

What if it's being used at a remote location off the grid that doesn't have internet access?

It would become totally useless and have to go back to Amazon to exchange for something else that don't fail that way!

This problem needs to be fixed by the company right away!

2 |3000

astrayan avatar image
astrayan answered ·

2023 and still not fixed.

2 |3000