question

Mike Gillming avatar image
Mike Gillming asked

Location of batteries ?

I'd like to mount/position 2X 100ah victron batteries under my motorhome/bus in marine style battery boxes. The location for the boxes, do give some/good protection from road debris, and water ingress would not be an issue. The location is also well away from the engine, so heat will not be an issue either. Maybe I should seal the BSM cable ports?.....Has anyone mounted theirs outside in a box?....cheers, Mike

Lithium Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
regman54 avatar image
regman54 answered ·

Sorry but I'm not visualizing how batteries could be mounted under a motor home. You'll have to elaborate.

That said for many decades now just about every travel trailer produced in North America has the batteries installed in battery boxes mounted outside on the A-frame.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Gillming avatar image Mike Gillming commented ·
heya mate (regman54), my motorhome is a 7 metre 4X4 Nissan 'Civilian' bus. I have over half a metre ground clearance,I can sit up underneath it!. One of the batteries fits neatly under the entrance steps the other I'm 'engineering' to fit pretty much next to it. besides the 'marine' style plastic battery boxes, I'll be able to, on further pondering and engineering, enclose them both in their own mounting frames. So I'm pretty confident they'll be well protected from the elements...thank you for replying :)
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources