question

rainerwoll avatar image
rainerwoll asked

How to switch Bluesolar MPPT Charger off from Multiplus with Two signal Lithium BMS

Hi,

I have a MultiPlus 12/3000 with a Lithium battery with 2 wire BMS connected to the MultiPlus.
The switching of the MultiPlus from the BMS works great.

There is also a Venux GX, a BMV 712 and 2 BlueSolar MTTP 75/15 charger in my system. Who can I setup the system, so that the MTTP BlueSolar Charger respond to the allow-to-charge and the allow-to-discharge signal from the BMS.

Best regards,
Rainer

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ยท

As your MPPT does not have inbuilt remote on/off terminals you will need to purchase an additional interface - VE.Direct-non-inverting-remote-on-off-cable and then wiring it in appropriately with your BMS.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/VE.Direct-non-inverting-remote-on-off-cable-EN.pdf

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rainerwoll avatar image rainerwoll commented ยท

@Mark the MPPT only have one VE.Direct-Bus port witch is connected to the Venus GX. How to connect 2 VE.Direct Cable?

0 Likes 0 ยท
Mark avatar image Mark โ™ฆโ™ฆ rainerwoll commented ยท

Sorry I don't know of a way to do it then.

I do know that the Venus devices does know when the 2 wire BMS in the Multi has been activated, but I don't think that it transfers that state to the MPPT.

Have you tried it just incase it does disable the MPPT charger?

0 Likes 0 ยท
rainerwoll avatar image rainerwoll Mark โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท

yes, but no success

0 Likes 0 ยท
Mark avatar image Mark โ™ฆโ™ฆ rainerwoll commented ยท

I didn't think so... but Victron are now aware of this so maybe this might be possible sometime in the future.

0 Likes 0 ยท
rainerwoll avatar image rainerwoll Mark โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท

Yes I hope so. I will try to make a feature request for this.

0 Likes 0 ยท
nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered ยท

I use the two signal from my BMS on the high voltage to a split to an optoisolator and use that to go to the multiplus and I use the other side positive to go to a BP100 on the high side in lithium mode to shut off the connection to the battery. If your BMS doesn't provide 12v on the two wire connection, then you'll have to use the BP in the standard mode, but there is a delay when disconnecting.

It's not an perfect solution but the BMS should never really trigger unless there is an issue. However since the venus is networked, it would be nice see that as an option for the Multiplus to share that information with the MPPT.

1 comment
2 |3000

rainerwoll avatar image rainerwoll commented ยท

Yes it seems that this is the only solution for now. Do you have used both signals (high voltage + low voltage) for the MPPT or only the high voltage signal?

0 Likes 0 ยท