question

toubab avatar image
toubab asked

Is it possible to control a BlueSolar 100/30 charge controller from VRM/Cerbo GX ?

Hi, I purchased a Cerbo GX to monitor and control my BlueSolar MTTP 100/30, but so far I can only see a monitoring possibility in VRM. I would like to be able to turn the BlueSolar off or adjust parameters through VRM like I do with the app/bluetooth but it doesn't seem to be a possibility, did I miss something in the manual ?

NB, the reason I want this control is that I charge Lithium Ion batteries that are not meant to be charged at all once they have reached their maximum capacity

MPPT ControllersVRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Toubab

That is the beauty of a three stage charge

Bulk abs, float. All customizable.

After being fully charged and balanced the voltage drops a little instead of being held there.

You can program over the VRM with the Victron connect app if you login to the VRM with the VRM tab on the connect app (requires a FW update not sure how far yours is out.)

Or you can update and program with a ve direct to BT dongle.

You can connect the remote terminals to a GX relay and switch that on and off there if you don't care about the three stage charge.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

toubab avatar image toubab commented ·

Thanks for the quick answer @Alexandra, I've setup the state charge settings for what I think is correct but I'm a little bit in doubt and just want to turn off the charging to preserve batteries sometimes. And thanks for confirming the program over VRM, I went to update to the latest FW 3.13 and also found this article that helps a lot: https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_Manual/en/victronconnect-remote--vc-r----configuration-and-monitoring-via-vrm.html#UUID-f0a0b668-7980-0b81-9d56-04f27389f46e

However, when I went to enable 2 way comms. in Device List > Settings > VRM Online Portal, I can't find no 'VRM Portal'. My Cerbo is enabled on VRM and it works fine, it's just that the menu options I get in the remote consoleis not the same as in the article.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ toubab commented ·
It is about 6 items down in the menu. So you will have to scroll down for it.

The other way to have access to the relay is in a side bar on VRM to the right, once you have connected it up physically.

That is enabled by (on VRM) settings - general - inverter charger control

0 Likes 0 ·