question

markus avatar image
markus asked

Multiplus 48/5000 died with Error 24?

Hello,

my Neighbor called me today morning: no more power :o(

I went to see what happened and saw a LED pattern on his Multi, not listed in LED error definitions:

"Inverter On" LED is flashing, all other LEDs are solid.

When I switch the unit to charger only, the red "low battery" LED is not lit and then the pattern matches Error 24 then.

I disconnected AC in and AC out and measured resistance between Line in and out and Neutral in and out. All good, but still same error. (as written in Error 24 Code description)

I connected my Laptop to the Multi and started VE.Config and noticed a reported battV of 5.6V (in reality 56V) and ACin (genset) reported 23V instead of 230V. So the Voltage values shown by VE.Config are divided by 10.

I know, this is a "involve your dealer" kind of thing, but unfortunately my dealer is on his deserved holiday and I don't really want to bother him there.

But it would be interesting anyway: Is this a "true" Error 24? Is there something more to try?

System is completely offgrid and on battery/MPPT charger power. Generator was not running for weeks now, but I started it to see if it changes something, but same result

Battery is 100% full.

System was working normal, when switched off the last time. The error was present from the beginning, this morning.

The Multi is switched off with its main switch, when not in use.

Best Regards,

Markus

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargererror
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Markus,

Sorry to hear about the issues, I think the best thing to do in this case is contact the dealer :

http://ve3.nl/help

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.