question

hansgeorgk avatar image
hansgeorgk asked

Relay not available

Hi,

I would like to use Relay function of my EasySolar II GX. But it is not showing up in the Console

Screenshot of my Easysolar II GX

bildschirmfoto-2024-01-05-um-211246.png

I have another System with Venus OS running Raspberry - there the Relay is shown on the console

bildschirmfoto-2024-01-05-um-211300.png

What am I missing in the Easysloar II GX setup?

thanks and Happy New Year

HG

Multiplus-IIEasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

It does not have one, only in the VE config setup only i believe that is the limitation with the GX easy solar units, The raspi does and can be used, that is why i dont install the GX multiplus units due to limitations in certian area of relay control etc.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

Victron Raspi Hat.pdf

victron-raspi-hat.pdf (737.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hansgeorgk avatar image
hansgeorgk answered ·

ah - bad luck :-(

so the documentation:

8.5.2. Programmable relay

The product is equipped with a programmable relay. The relay can be programmed for different applications, for example as a starter relay.

is referring to the virtual switch/Assistant function?

Which seems has very limited functionality compared to the relay function I see on my raspy ...

so one option could be to implement the nice Generator start/stop function using node red?bildschirmfoto-2024-01-05-um-215451.png

At least to some extend ...

Any other ideas?

2 |3000

Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

As its built GX device it is limited to less functions like the Cerbo or raspi units, yes you have to use VE configure for the relay control assistant functions to change function painfull as it seems.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

2 |3000